Blog N°2: SUMMER MENTORSHIP

8:00 AM

Jonathan on location for the Co Spring '16 Lookbook at the Samuel Navarrow House in Hollywood.

     
  1. List the contact name, phone number, and organization of the person with whom you volunteered.

    1. I interned / mentored under the supervision of Jonathan at Co Collections in Downtown LA.  
Contact Name: Jonathan Rodriguez  
Phone Number: (626) 203-8979
Organization: Co Collections  

  1. What qualified this person as an expert in your topic choice?

    1. Jonathan graduated from UC Berkeley with a degree in Media Communications. He has worked on numerous projects that revolve around marketing such as working on lookbooks and updating the company’s social media accounts. Although Jonathan oversees my internship, I work alongside five other Co Members that oversee different aspects of the company. I am fortunate to essentially have six mentors that have all contributed to my interest in fashion merchandising.

  1. List three questions for further exploration now that you've completed your summer hours.

    1. How has social media changed fashion marketing?
    1. Who does a fashion marketing expert need to work with in order to target the correct demographic?
    1. How are targeted demographics decided?

  1. What is the most important thing you gained from this experience? Why?

    1. The most important thing I have gained is the experience of working amongst insanely talented professionals. Everyone who works in the loft is very good at what they do. They have acquired the company’s aesthetic and are able to produce work that seamlessly flows together to  keep the company progressing.

  1. What is your senior project topic going to be?  How did mentorship help you make your decision?  Please explain.

    1. My senior topic will revolve around fashion merchandising. My mentorship allowed me to work in different aspects of the fashion industry such as marketing, design, production, and press. I gravitated towards marketing the most. I love this aspect of fashion because it is such an essential part of starting and branding your own business. I feel that this will be a valuable mentorship in which I can take the skills that I will learn and apply them elsewhere.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Contact Me ✉

Contact Me ✉
ashleyrodriguez0798@gmail.com